[Linganth] Software that Transcribes

Marcia Farr farrmarcia at gmail.com
Fri May 8 20:58:57 UTC 2015

I am interested to know if any software out there can transcribe audio
recordings. I've thought of Dragon Naturally Speaking (although that's
primarily for dictation), but don't know if this is the best choice or even
if it works in this respect.

Having a person transcribe digital sound files in English pr Spanish or
Code-Switching is extraordinarily expensive and/or time-consuming. Is there
any software that can help in this process?

I apologize if this has been asked before. If so, I can't remember what we
came up with! I would be happy to post a summary to the list.

--
Marcia Elizabeth Farr
Professor Emerita

Email: farr.18 at osu.edu