[Linganth] ling anth work on human-robot interaction?

Piers Kelly Piers.Kelly at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 15 23:39:53 UTC 2015

There's some new research on human-robot communication happening at the
University of Queensland:
http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/research/technology/

But again, the focus is mostly 'ling' with not a lot of 'anth' – perhaps an
opportunity here?

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Matthew Bernius <mbernius at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Michael H. Agar <magar at umd.edu> wrote:
>
>> Kind of an expansion on the tradition that Lucy Suchman started at Xerox
>> Parc many moons ago.
>

> Thanks for bringing up Lucy Suchman. While it's not necessarily Ling
> Anthro, Human-Machine Reconfigurations is a definite read as one of the
> earliest substantive works on the Anthropology of AI.
>
> I'd also recommend looking at some of Diana Forsythe's work like "New
> Bottles, Old Wine," which while not directly about AI, have a lot of great
> perspectives about how ideologies become embedded and reproduced within
> intellegent systems.

Dr Piers Kelly
Communications and Outreach Coordinator
The ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language
dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/CoEDL?ref=aymt_homepage_panel> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/coedlang> | Flickr
<https://www.flickr.com/groups/2739714@N24/>
*The University of Western Sydney | **The University of Queensland **| The
University of Melbourne | The Australian National University*
T: +61 2 6125 6122 M: 0422 980 680

[image: Description: u3227473:Logo Design:The Dynamics of Language Logo
files:EPS:The Dynamics of Language Logo.eps]