[Linganth] SLA submissions for AAA 2016 - the Deadline Nears!

Judy Pine Judy.Pine at wwu.edu
Wed Apr 13 20:45:19 UTC 2016

Just a quick reminder to all of those submitting, or considering submitting, papers, posters, and panels for the AAA 2016 meeting in Minneapolis.  The deadline for final submission is 5PM EDT April 15th.

Submissions are available to their authors for editing up to the deadline.  At the deadline, access to submissions ceases.

It is wise to review and edit your submission.  Be sure what is in the system is what you think is in the system.  DO print out that page with the "Print this" button!

If you are organizing a session, be sure all of your participants have registered, and that they have submitted their materials.  Be sure you have edited the panel abstract, and that the one in the system is the one you intended to submit.  Be sure you have listed the participants in the order in which you envision them presenting.  And DO print out that nice page that says "Print this"!

If you have a nice long chunk of fascinating audio or video which really deserves a good audience, are working on a topic which takes linguistic anthropology in an unusual or unique direction, would like to have some detailed feedback on your work, or are only now considering a submission, I STRONGLY encourage you to consider a poster.  Poster sessions enjoy a very different time frame for presentation, include options for media that may not fit into the very short space of an oral presentation, have the capacity for a wide degree of diversity of topics, and offer an opportunity to interact with your audience in ways that simply are not possible in the oral format.

My committee and I look forward to seeing all of your submissions once the reviewing process begins.

Your friendly SLA Program Chair,

-          Judy Pine

Judith M.S. Pine
Assoc. Professor