[Linganth] Special Remembrance Session for Paul Friedrich at the AAA Meetings in Minneapolis--Friday, November 18, 12:15-1:30

William Beeman wbeeman at umn.edu
Wed Aug 17 20:12:31 UTC 2016

Dear Friends,

The American Anthropological Association has kindly added a Special Event
to the AAA Annual Meeting on Friday, November 18 from 12:15-1:30. The title
of the session will be

*Remembering Paul Friedrich: An Informal Gathering for Friends and
Admirers. *

The location will be announced when the AAA Program is finalized

Our suggestion is that people bring correspondence they have had from Paul
over the years and read excerpts for all to enjoy during this session.
There may not be time for everyone to speak, but we can post these letters
on a Facebook page, or distribute them in other ways. I hope that all of
you will consider attending.

We had hoped to have light refreshments at this gathering, and would like
to solicit a freewill contribution from people who attend to defray costs.
However, no one should fail to attend for financial reasons. Everyone is
welcome.

Please pass this notice on to others who might not have heard.

Best

Bill

William O. Beeman
Professor and Chair, Department of Anthropology
University of Minnesota
395 HHH Center
301 19th Avenue S.
Minneapolis, MN 55455