[Linganth] AAA session proposal: History of Linguistic Anthropology

Leila Monaghan leila.monaghan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 13:37:10 UTC 2016

I am thinking of organizing a session where we analyze the history of the
community of linguistic anthropologists with linguistic anthropological
methods, part of my larger push to encourage thinking about language,
culture, and history.   As all linguistic anthropologists discuss language,
I think that we would make an excellent field of study for the interactions
between, as Dell Hymes put it, code and community. I am particularly
interested in papers that explore the diversity of linguistic
anthropologists. I also think that we can tie these papers into Evidence,
Accident, and Discovery, this year’s theme.

Let me know asap if you are interested.

all best,

Leila

--