[Linganth] Youtube Videos in Class: What to do about ads?

Pritzker, Sonya sonya.pritzker at ua.edu
Sat Jan 16 19:48:47 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I’m teaching a large Language and Culture class, and I’m wanting to play various Youtube videos as examples for various topics. I’ve done this in the past, but not for some time. I’m now running into the issue of having to sit through an ad before every clip, which obviously won’t work in a 50 minute class (beyond the ethical implications). I searched and found that you can now pay $9.99 for "Youtube Red,” which allows you to access videos ad-free. I’m wondering, however, if there are any other ways around this that any of you have found.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,
Sonya

Sonya E. Pritzker, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
University of Alabama, Department of Anthropology
350 Marr’s Spring Rd. Tuscaloosa AL 35401
(205) 348-6554 – office
http://spritzker.people.ua.edu