[Linganth] Youtube Videos in Class: What to do about ads?

Piers Kelly Piers.Kelly at anu.edu.au
Sat Jan 16 23:36:47 UTC 2016

Actually, these days you can download directly from YouTube without using
an add-on. Underneath the title of the video and to the right of the
'Subscribe' button is a 'Download' button.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 9:22 AM, James Costa <seamasdubh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, why not just download the videos onto your computuer with this
> website? http://www.videograbby.com It’s free and it works…
> Best
> James
>

> On Jan 16, 2016, at 8:48 PM, Pritzker, Sonya <sonya.pritzker at ua.edu>
> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I’m teaching a large Language and Culture class, and I’m wanting to play
> various Youtube videos as examples for various topics. I’ve done this in
> the past, but not for some time. I’m now running into the issue of having
> to sit through an ad before every clip, which obviously won’t work in a 50
> minute class (beyond the ethical implications). I searched and found that
> you can now pay $9.99 for "Youtube Red,” which allows you to access videos
> ad-free. I’m wondering, however, if there are any other ways around this
> that any of you have found.
>
> Any advice appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Sonya
>
> Sonya E. Pritzker, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor
> University of Alabama, Department of Anthropology
> 350 Marr’s Spring Rd. Tuscaloosa AL 35401
> (205) 348-6554 – office
> http://spritzker.people.ua.edu

Dr Piers Kelly
Communications and Outreach Coordinator
The ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language
dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/CoEDL?ref=aymt_homepage_panel> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/coedlang> | Flickr
<https://www.flickr.com/groups/2739714@N24/>
*The Australian National University ** |  **The University of Melbourne*
*| **The University of Queensland **| **Western Sydney University*
T: +61 2 6125 6122 M: 0422 980 680

[image: Description: u3227473:Logo Design:The Dynamics of Language Logo
files:EPS:The Dynamics of Language Logo.eps]

*Please note that I cannot respond immediately to emails sent out of hours.
All other messages will be replied to on the same day. *