[Linganth] Anthropology News, SLA Column (January)

Aaron Ansell aansell at vt.edu
Fri Jan 29 16:08:39 UTC 2016

Dear Linganthers,

We invite you to read this month's column in *Anthropology News*, SLA
Section News:

(January 2016) Michael Silverstein's "A Proposal to Initiate a Spring SLA
Meeting
<http://www.anthropology-news.org/index.php/2016/01/21/a-proposal-to-initiate-a-spring-sla-meeting/>"

You can also read this column on our SLA Website
<http://linguisticanthropology.org/blog/2016/01/29/an-news-a-proposal-to-initiate-a-spring-sla-meeting-by-michael-silverstein-university-of-chicago/>,
where we will archive it permanently.

Moreover, please note the following *SLA Business News items*:

Call for Proposals: SLA Interdisciplinary Public Engagement Conference Fund
<http://linguisticanthropology.org/blog/2015/12/16/sla-interdisciplinary-public-engagement-conference-fund-cfp-application/>
 (Deadline: October 1, 2016 for 2017 conferences)

SLA Graduate Student Paper contest for 2016
<http://linguisticanthropology.org/blog/2016/01/07/sla-graduate-essay-contest-2016/>
(Deadline,
March, 11, 2016)
Best Wishes,
Aaron Ansell and Anna Babel, Contributing Co-editors
*Anthropology News*, SLA Section News