[Linganth] Editor wanted for Language, Culture and History issue on discourses of late middle age

Leila Monaghan leila.monaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:56:47 UTC 2016

Hi, I am looking for a co-editor for an issue of Language, Culture and
History tentatively titled “Blood, Hair, and Tears: Discourses of Late
Middle Age” that will focus on ethnographic accounts, autoethnography,
historical accounts, and perhaps other more creative forms on issues of
“late middle age” -- defined loosely as people in their 50s and 60s. This
issue is inspired by how little we know about the issues of this period
including the pain of losing parents, health problems, working through
issues with older children, and job issues, combined often but not always
with successful careers and family building.  The issue is tentatively
scheduled for Spring 2017.  A formal call for abstracts will be issued at a
later point.

The potential editor should have an academic or personal interest in the
topic and experience publishing in academic journals.

all best,

Leila

Leila.Monaghan at gmail.com

--