[Linganth] starting a language and politics research center?

Marcy Brink danan marcy.bd at mail.huji.ac.il
Thu Jun 23 11:03:56 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,
I was wondering if people could share experiences with starting research
centers related to socio-linguistics/linguistic anthropology/communications
and politics/power (or any other ling anth related topic, for that matter).
There has been a been surge of interest in my university over the past
years in this kind of work and we are starting to think seriously about how
to provide students and faculty better support and an intellectual home.
Any thoughts on the matter (funding/organization/etc) would be appreciated.
Please contact me at Marcy.bd at mail.huji.ac.il
Thanks, Marcy
--
Marcy Brink-Danan, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem