[Linganth] My fair use Kickstarter iniative

Charles Briggs clbriggs at berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 29 22:22:23 UTC 2016

Dear Tim,
It seems that linguistic anthropologists are increasingly turning to
Kickstarter to launch initiatives surrounding issues of language and
social justice.
Here is mine, aimed at /The New York Times/ and defending fair use
policies against language ideologies that define journalism and academic
communication as thoroughly commodified private property.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1184347796/making-health-public-defending-fair-use
Best,
Charles