[Linganth] Yale linguistics program now accepting applications

Claire Bowern clairebowern at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:04:56 UTC 2016

(List members are also welcome to contact me with any questions on the
program. Note that we are starting to explore options for an ad-hoc
interdisciplinary program in linguistic anthropology, and would
welcome inquiries and applications to either the linguistics or anthropology
departments that would explore topics across these two departments.)

Yale's graduate program in Linguistics is now open for applications
for the PhD, to begin in August, 2017. Our faculty specialize in a
range of linguistic fields, including (but not limited to)
computational linguistics, language documentation, historical
linguistics, morphology, neurolinguistics, phonology, semantics, and
syntax. We focus on areas of linguistics that combine empirical
methods with linguistic theory.  Students are admitted to the
university with six years of funding (including stipend and tuition
remission) to pursue coursework and research in these areas. Funding
is also available for dissertation fieldwork. For recent examples of
faculty and student research activities, please visit see
http://ling.yale.edu.

Applications close *December 15, 2016* and are accepted through Yale's
online application system only. Note that this date is earlier than
previous years.

For more information about application requirements and procedures,
please visit http://ling.yale.edu/academics/graduate-studies/graduate-admissions,
or contact Christopher McDaniel (christopher.mcdaniel at yale.edu).
http://gsas.yale.edu/admission-graduate-school provides information
about general procedures, dates and deadlines, and links to the online
application system.

Yale University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law.