[Linganth] attending the AAA meetings

Judy Pine Judy.Pine at wwu.edu
Tue Nov 15 02:20:24 UTC 2016

Hello all!   The annual meeting of the American Anthropological Association will, as many of you are well aware, begin on Wednesday.  The digital program for the AAA annual meeting is so simple to search (https://www.eventscribe.com/2016/AAA/)  that it seems redundant to list all of the sessions and posters associated with the Society for Linguistic Anthropology.  I encourage everyone to take a look at our offerings, including the invited sessions.  I also hope folks will take the opportunity to attend sessions in the other sub-disciplines, strengthening our four-fields identity.

I want to especially encourage everyone to visit the SLA poster presentations in the poster session on Saturday afternoon.  My call for folks to take advantage of the poster session's multi-media opportunities has been taken up by some of our presenters, and I'm sure others will be inspired for AAA 2017.

Safe journey to everyone heading for Minneapolis!

-          Judy Pine, SLA Program Committee Chair

Judith M.S. Pine
Assoc. Professor
Dept of Anthropology
Western Washington University