[Linganth] Survey on faith and sexuality

Shawn Warner-Garcia warnergarcia at umail.ucsb.edu
Mon Sep 5 21:57:08 UTC 2016

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Hello colleagues,

As part of my current research on language, sexuality, and religion, I am
currently running an anonymous online survey
<https://ucsbltsc.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eVBljirJe403Kuh> that assesses
how people talk about and engage with sexuality. The survey is open to
anyone who is 13 years or older and lives in the United States. I'm
specifically targeting people who are part of Christian communities or have
been in the past, but the survey is open to individuals of ALL faith
backgrounds (non-Christian, little or no faith background, "it's
complicated," etc.). The goal of the survey is to better understand
discussions and practices of sexuality in Christian communities and to
develop educational materials on the connections between faith and
sexuality.

The survey takes about 30 minutes to complete, and the format of the
questions is yes/no, multiple choice, and free response. Survey responses
are completely anonymous. Participants are asked to reflect on how they
have encountered discussions of sexuality in the communities that they grew
up in or are currently a part of, as well as about current and past sexual
experiences.

If you are interested in participating, or if you know of other people who
might be interested, I would be grateful for additional circulation of the
survey in order to establish a strong and diverse sample size. Should any
questions arise, you can email me at warnergarcia at umail.ucsb.edu.

The link for the survey is: https://ucsbltsc.qualtrics.com
/SE/?SID=SV_eVBljirJe403Kuh

​Thank you!