[Linganth] two job postings

Rachel R Reynolds rrr28 at drexel.edu
Tue Sep 6 14:06:15 UTC 2016

Dear LingAnth Subscribers:

My university is hiring two new tenure track faculty in area studies --
China and the Middle East.

Here are the job descriptions (which were written by committee I am
afraid).  Note that these are not language teaching oriented but rather
will be about enhancing area studies for our students who are
increasingly interested in Islamic and East Asian locales for their
study abroad requirements.  The program really wants to develop more
courses and more exchange programs in those areas, so sociolinguistics
and anthropology are both appropriate backgrounds for applicants.

https://www.higheredjobs.com/institution/details.cfm?JobCode=176337701&Title=Assistant%20Professor--Middle%20Eastern%20Studies

https://www.higheredjobs.com/institution/details.cfm?JobCode=176339037&Title=Assistant%20Professor--Chinese%20Development%20Studies

If you know of anyone interested, please do send them our way.

Rachel

--
Rachel R Reynolds
Associate Professor