[Linganth] any recent Phds?

Ilana Gershon imgershon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 17:40:01 UTC 2017

Dear Linguistic Anthropologists,
It is that time of year in which many people are defending their
dissertations.
   I would like to let our community know about latest doctoral
work by asking recent graduates to take the page 99 test for their
dissertation and write a blog
post about it for the CaMP anthropology blog.

I was hoping that you could help by letting me know about your students
who have defended in
the past two years, or if you have defended recently, writing a blog
post for CaMP anthropology blog.

The "test" is simple: Is Ford Madox Ford's statement "Open the book to page
  ninety-nine and read, and the quality of the whole will be revealed to
you," accurate
  for the dissertation? To answer, the author will have to say
  something (1) about the
page and (2) about the dissertation.

This is a playful way to let our community know about all the
fascinating recent work that is being done.

Thank you,
Ilana