[Linganth] Sexist/Racist language in STEM Education

Campbell, Rebecca rebecca.campbell at uconn.edu
Fri Apr 28 17:57:11 UTC 2017

Hi all,
We're writing an article on linguistic micro aggressions (stereotype jokes, sexual innuendos, model minority comments, etc.) faced by women and underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities in US engineering undergraduate degree programs. If anyone can recommend any relavent readings/studies of this topic in STEM, we would greatly appreciate it. I'll be glad to send the resulting list out to the group.
Thank you kindly,
Rebecca

Rebecca A. Campbell, Ph.D.
Research Assistant II
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
Neag School of Education
University of Connecticut
249 Glenbrook Road
Storrs, CT 06269-3004<geo:0,0?q=249%20Glenbrook%20Road%20%20Storrs%20CT%2006269-3004>

Office: Gentry 037
Phone: (860)486-2980<tel:(860)486-2980>
rebecca.campbell at uconn.edu<mailto:rebecca.campbell at uconn.edu>