[Linganth] google doc of compiled list: short pieces on language and current issues

Arnold, Lynnette lynnette_arnold at brown.edu
Wed Aug 2 17:54:13 UTC 2017

Please forgive the multiple messages, but I have been notified that some
have been unable to access my attachment. So I'm re-sending this with a
link to a google doc that will hopefully be accessible to all:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aGpJmriXVgiu-D_987xEpryxUCpQW_qWz5jVJlaq2ls/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier query regarding accessible
pieces on language and current issues for use in an introductory linguistic
anthropology course.

I have compiled all of the suggestions, as well as the results of my own
searches, and am attaching it here. It is an impressively long list, thanks
to all those who are taking the time to do this kind of writing. At the
moment, the links are sorted into categories that map onto topics in my
syllabus, but of course many of these pieces could be used to teach a whole
range of topics.

I hope this will be helpful to our collective teaching and to getting our
students to use their new-found linguistic knowledge to understand the
world!

--
Lynnette Arnold, PhD
Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow