[Linganth] author interviews this week

Ilana Gershon imgershon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 18:20:34 UTC 2017

Dear All,
I realize that many of you are probably thinking about revising syllabi
for the fall, and wanted to let you know about the new
books that have been published in the past 2-3 years.   This week, I am
posting new author interviews today, Wednesday
and Friday, and I will post more next week if they trickle in.

Today:  Lauren Zentz discusses Statehood, Scale and Hierarchy: History,
Language and Identity in Indonesia

Wednesday: Nina Sylvanus discusses Patterns of Circulation: Cloth,
Gender, and Materiality in West Africa

Friday: Sam Byrd discusses The Sounds of Latinidad: Immigrants Making
Music and Creating Culture in a Southern City

If you would like to look at other author interviews, the full list can
be found here:
https://campanthropology.org/author-interviews/

Best,
Ilana