[Linganth] resources on hate speech/free speech

Arnold, Lynnette lynnette_arnold at brown.edu
Tue Aug 15 00:55:20 UTC 2017

Given recent events in Charlottesville, I am planning to add discussion of
hate speech and free speech to my Intro to Ling Anthro course. So I'm
looking for teaching resources on these topics - whether academic writing,
other short pieces, videos, activities, etc.

I have used this
<https://www.sapiens.org/language/the-myth-of-free-speech/>great
short piece by Richard Handler (published in Sapiens), but it would be
great to have other more ling anthro takes on this topic.

I will happily compile responses and circulate to the list in case they are
of use to others.

Thanks!

--
Lynnette Arnold, PhD