[Linganth] First person pronouns

Gaudio, Rudolf Rudolf.Gaudio at purchase.edu
Sun Aug 27 18:13:20 UTC 2017

Hi Cyndi,

Kira Hall and Veronica O’Donovan (1996) analyze hijras’ use of feminine and masculine first-person singular pronominal forms in Hindi.

Hall, K., & V. O’Donovan (1996). Shifting gender positions among Hindi-speaking hijras. In Janet Bing, Victoria Bergvall & Alice Freed (Eds.), Rethinking Language and Gender Research: Theory and Method. London: Longman. 228-226.

Best,
Rudi

Rudolf P. Gaudio
Associate Professor of Anthropology and Media, Society & the Arts
Purchase College, State University of New York