[Linganth] A Message from the SLA Nominations Committee

Anthony K Webster awebster at utexas.edu
Wed Dec 27 13:52:55 UTC 2017

Dear SLA Colleagues,

Happy End of the Year!  We are writing to encourage you to consider
nominating yourself for one of two open SLA positions in the 2018 AAA
elections. If you are interested in AAA governance or developing leadership
within linguistic anthropology, please consider participating in the SLA’s
Executive Committee by running for one of these two offices.  The
descriptions follow below:

*Secretary-Treasurer*: The Secretary-Treasurer shall have charge of the
records of the Society and shall submit a draft budget not less than sixty
(60) days before the Annual Meeting for the approval of the Executive
Committee.

*Member at Large*: There shall be an Executive Committee consisting of the
officers, two members elected at-large from the membership of the Society,
and any additional representatives elected by this Society to the Board of
Directors of the American Anthropological Association.

If you are interested in running for either of these positions, please
contact a member of the nominations committee (contact information
below) so we can give you more detailed instructions about the process of
preparing your nomination. Materials will include (1) brief biographical
information, (2) a platform statement of a maximum of 200 words, and (3) a
photo (optional).

The deadline for the submission of a slate of candidates is *very soon:
February 10, 2018. *So please contact us as soon as possible.

These offices are crucial to the successful functioning of the SLA. Please
consider running for one of these positions. In addition, please consider
approaching colleagues you feel would be suitable candidates, and urging
them to run for one of these seats. We look forward to hearing from you!

Very best,

SLA Nominations Committee

Anthony Webster (awebster at utexas.edu)

Jillian Cavanaugh (jcavanaugh at brooklyn.cuny.edu)

Chris Ball (christopher.g.ball.44 at nd.edu)

--

Anthony K. Webster
Professor

we should be careful

Of each other, we should be kind
While there is still time.--Philip Larkin