[Linganth] work on digital translation tech & immigrant/refugee communities?

Marco Jacquemet mjacquemet at usfca.edu
Tue Feb 7 20:09:20 UTC 2017

Hi Maisa (and all), not specifically on resettlement but you may find
something of interest in this pre-publication of my work on asylum,
sociolinx and sxdiversity:
https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/upload/044f1c13-9381-4d74-af3d-8813d9fa64f3_TPCS_171_Jacquemet.pdf

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Maisa Taha <taham at mail.montclair.edu> wrote:

> Hello, all,
>
> Can anyone recommend work that's looked into the role of digital
> translation technology -- including phone apps, e.g., Google translate,
> text-to-voice or voice recognition interfaces -- in immigrant and/or
> refugee experiences post-resettlement? Studies that aid in reflecting on
> use of this tech in an applied context would be especially welcome.
>
> Many thanks for any suggestions,
> Maisa Taha
>
> Maisa C. Taha, PhD
> Assistant Professor
> Anthropology
> Dickson Hall 128
> (973) 655-7933
> Office hrs: F, 2:30-4pm or by appointment

Marco Jacquemet
Professor of Communication and Culture
University of San Francisco
tel: 415-422-5543