[Linganth] Query from a student looking for resources on the way "terrorist" is used in everyday discourse

Bonnie McElhinny bonnie.mcelhinny at utoronto.ca
Mon Feb 13 18:43:43 UTC 2017

I believe Chad was modest here!  Also, his book, co-edited with Adam Hodges:

Discourse, War and Terrorism.  John Benjamins, 2007.

Also, the  authors of the Standing Rock Syllabus have assembled some terrific documents that address the question of when indigenous water protectors/sovereignty activists are presented as terrorists, or in some other frames.  In addition to textual representations, the articles look at visual ones....

https://nycstandswithstandingrock.wordpress.com/standingrocksyllabus/

Bonnie
**************
Bonnie McElhinny
Associate Professor, Anthropology and Women and Gender Studies Institute
University of Toronto

Associate Editor, Journal of Sociolinguistics

Anthropology:  Room 364, Anthropology Building, 19 Russell St., Univ. of Toronto
Toronto, ON, CANADA M5S 2S2
Ph:  416-978-3297

WGSI:  Room 2042, 40 Willcocks St., New College, Wilson Hall, Univ. of Toronto
Toronto ON M5S 1C6