[Linganth] Narratives and Performances of "Wellness"

Charles Briggs clbriggs at berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 17 19:46:03 UTC 2017

I would add Summerson Carr's wonderful Scripting Addiction. I've worried
about narratives, wellness and disease a bit in a few books, Stories in
the Time of Cholera, Making Health Public, and Tell Me Why My Children
Died. But there's a lot more out there. The Mattingly and Garro
Narrative and the Cultural Construction of Illness and Healing Styling
is very helpful, for example.
Charles