[Linganth] Paper Idea for an AAA panel titled "Homeland(s)"

Rachel R Reynolds rrr28 at drexel.edu
Fri Feb 24 17:53:35 UTC 2017

Dear Anthropologists:

Elzbieta Gozdziak and I are organzing a panel for next year’s AAA
meeting in Washington, DC November 28-December 3, 2017.The panel
"Homeland(s)" would broadly interrogate the term, and address anybody
who is subject to its tyrannies and other vicissitudes.

Contributors will use historical case studies, ethnography, and/or
theory to interrogate the term homeland as a culture idea or as a
cultural ideal, as a policy phenomenon, lived experience, historical
burden, and any other tyrannies and vicissitudes.  Substantively
creative and reflective papers strongly encouraged.  Once contributors
are in contact we will draft a more precise panel abstract. Please
contact me with your ideas for a paper on this panel.  Rachel Reynolds,
Drexel University, rrr at drexel.edu <mailto:rrr at drexel.edu> or
mamaroma1963 at gmail.com <mailto:mamaroma1963 at gmail.com>.

Rachel

--