[Linganth] Upcoming deadline (Jan. 15): Mellon Postdoc in Ling Anth @ Brown

Faudree, Paja paja_faudree at brown.edu
Fri Jan 6 18:45:53 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Just wanted to let anyone know who isn't aware that we are still
considering applications for our new postdoc in ling anth at Brown, through
January 15th.  You can also consult the following link:

http://careercenter.americananthro.org/jobs/8608373/mellon-postdoctoral-
fellowship-in-linguistic-anthropology.

*Please circulate widely, *and feel free to ask me questions if you have
them.

Best wishes,

Paja

___________

Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in Linguistic Anthropology
Brown University

Brown University invites applications for a Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship
in Linguistic Anthropology and related fields pursuing the study of
language in social context. The Department of Anthropology, the Swearer
Center for Public Service, and the Cogut Center for the Humanities seek a
scholar with a theoretically innovative and ethnographically rigorous
approach to language in social context, who is prepared to develop engaged
teaching with community partners while at Brown. The candidate will teach
two courses per year in linguistic anthropology, the majority of which
should also be engaged courses, broadly defined: courses that connect
academic theory and practice, enabling students to gain hands-on experience
working with community partners address important social challenges. The
postdoctoral fellow will be supported in developing new engaged courses by
the Swearer Center for Public Service. Scholars with a Ph.D. in
anthropology or a related discipline within the humanities or social
sciences will be considered. Dissertation must be signed by August 1, 2017.
This two-year Postdoctoral Fellowship is not renewable.

Candidates should submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae via
apply.interfolio.com/39407

Review of applications will begin January 15, 2017. The appointment will be
effective July 1, 2017.

For further information write to:

Jessaca Leinaweaver
Department of Anthropology, Box 1921
Brown University
Providence, RI 02912

Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic
global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for
employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of,
gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally
protected status.

*The following information is provided by the employer in accordance with
AAA policy. AAA is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of these
statements. They are not part of the actual position description submitted
for publication by the employer.*

*This employer does prohibit discrimination based on sexual
orientation/preference.This employer does prohibit discrimination based on
gender identity/expression.*

*This employer offers health insurance benefits to eligible same and
opposite-sex domestic partners.This employer does not appear on the AAUP
list of censured institutions
<http://www.aaup.org/AAUP/about/censuredadmins/>.*

--
Paja Faudree

Further information on my book, *Singing for the Dead,* is available here
<https://www.facebook.com/singingforthedead> or here
<https://www.dukeupress.edu/singing-for-the-dead/?viewby=title>.
General information on my research is available here
<https://research.brown.edu/myresearch/Paja_Faudree> and here
<http://watson.brown.edu/people/faculty-fellows/faudree>.