[Linganth] Chair (Full Professor) of Linguistics, Newcastle U, . UK - deadline 20 Feb 17

Damien Hall damien.hall at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Jan 23 13:12:30 UTC 2017

Newcastle University (UK) invites applications for a Chair (Full Professorship) in Linguistics.

http://bit.ly/FullProfLingx_NclU

The new Professor can be in any field of linguistics, and can work on any language or languages. Newcastle already has academics working on a very wide range of languages, so they could join someone else working in the same field as them, or add to our range of specialities. It would be great to see another variationist here, though! There are already more than one of us, and the more, the better.

Anyone reading this is welcome to contact me for a chat about the linguistics environment at Newcastle. I am not the best person to talk to about the admin (teaching and administrative responsibilities, etc), but for that I would pass you on to the Head of the School where you would choose to be based if you came here. At Newcastle we have three Schools where linguists are based - English Language, Literature and Linguistics; Education, Communication and Language Sciences; and Modern Languages - and you could choose which of these best fit your specialities. Being in one of the Schools doesn't in any way restrict your possibilities of collaborating with linguists across Newcastle, though, because we have an active inter-School Centre for Research in Language and Linguistic Science which brings us all together.

Please contact me if you like, and please apply!

Damien

--
Damien Hall
Newcastle University (UK)