[Linganth] CFP--Economic Anthropology journal

Browne,Kate Kate.Browne at ColoState.EDU
Wed Jan 25 05:56:14 UTC 2017

Dear LingAnth colleagues,

If you have an article that concerns language and economy, please note: I am writing to remind you about a Call for Papers for the second annual *open submission* issue of Economic Anthropology, to be published in January 2018. Please see Guidelines for Submission below.

This CFP offers a tremendous opportunity to have your work reviewed and potentially published within a year! Please review the guidelines noted below. Manuscripts must be submitted by January 31, 2017.

Economic Anthropology had the highest rate of growth for readership across all the AAA journals in 2015. The number of full-text downloads of EA articles increased from 3,279 in 2014 to 7,165 in 2015—an increase of 119 percent.

The requirements for consideration include the following:

GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS:
If you are interested in pursuing the possibility of getting your work published in Economic Anthropology, please submit a polished article to me no later than January 20, 2016. Follow these guidelines:
1         The article must draw on original and clearly presented research.
2         The article must present clear contributions to existing scholarship.
3         The article needs to concern the interaction of economic and social life (this could of course concern language).
4         The writing must be very clear and very organized. Keep jargon to a minimum, or where possible, explain complex terms with ordinary language. Significant readability problems will disqualify an article before it goes to peer review.
5         Articles may not exceed 8000 words including abstract, notes, references, captions. Two graphics are permitted in the online typeset version. Additional text and graphics are welcome as Supplementary Material, accessible from the article.

More about EA’s open submission issue and the Call for Papers:
The benefits of submitting to EA are plenty—our WB journal is part of the AAA consortium of scholarly journals indexed in AnthroSource. That makes the online content easy to find, easy to search, and accessible to lots and lots of people. I have been able to reduce the turnaround timeframe to one year, from submission to publication. That’s pretty unusual and it means you can get your time-sensitive work out faster, and get credit for your publication sooner than with most scholarly journals.

I look forward to your submissions. In the meanwhile, if you have questions, please feel free to email me.

Thank you!
Kate

Katherine E. Browne
Professor
Department of Anthropology
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1787
970-491-5813
Editor, Economic Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Journals)
http://katebrowne.colostate.edu/