[Linganth] Mike Agar self obituary

Harriet J Ottenheimer mahafan at ksu.edu
Sat Jun 3 00:21:49 UTC 2017

Correcting my numerical mistyping of yesterday. Thanks to Michael
Silverstein for catching the error and letting me know about it (I'd
typed 1917!). --Harriet

Reality hit hard yesterday when I had to change "Michael Agar" to
"Michael Agar (1945-2017) in the draft manuscript of the fourth edition
of "The Anthropology of Language." What an immense loss to the
linguistic anthropology community. And what amazing contributions we
have all benefited from over the years. --Harriet Ottenheimer