[Linganth] AAA 2017 Submission Deadline is 2.5 Weeks Away!

Roth Gordon, Jennifer F - (jenrothg) jenrothg at email.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 28 04:51:04 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Friendly reminder that you have 2 1/2 weeks left to submit everything (and have all participants register for the meetings) - by the slightly earlier deadline of Friday, April 14th.

Clarify questions about roles and different types of sessions - including new Flash Presentations (5 minute papers!) and Gallery Sessions (formerly Poster Sessions) here:

http://www.americananthro.org/AttendEvents/Content.aspx?ItemNumber=2040

More information and helpful links below.

Anyone interested in joining the SLA Program Committee (and helping review/rank our sessions in May), please send me an email.

There is a new online submission system that is either working flawlessly or nobody from SLA has tried it yet. Fingers crossed for the former...

jen

Jennifer Roth-Gordon
Associate Professor
School of Anthropology
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0030

Race and the Brazilian Body: Blackness, Whiteness, and Everyday Language in Rio de Janeiro
http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520293809
https://www.amazon.com/Race-Brazilian-Body-Blackness-Whiteness/dp/0520293800/
________________________________

Trouble Viewing This Message? Click Here<http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=kzOB5kYsjGKeh69JIWPogfzQpOJFBZaacmwX9-utYIal1yisxajAhjkod4n86DrgNbpS-PUhxkuKyx5cspVz4A~~> for Web Version

[2016_meeting_banner(1).png]<http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=_3vpL6Ohq9Tc8-FKVlma4aLtJMwWNiEbMKl0wp7XOTTQj4usD6Q9dt4E6iFta9pZykAOrnuf8m0CwDjK-LfkkQ~~>

Calling all AAA Annual Meeting Proposals --
Exactly 2.5 Weeks Remain!

To increase your submission success and decrease your submission stress,
we hope you have been following our suggested proposal preparation timeline<http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=t5HaOhJHfxWSHw3kryD16tLOMw5avzYjnPJQR-m2jp3OPTazDqiCuGc9FBrUN1bmTsCHHTEflr2LEEvxcnOxnA~~>.

If so, you have already

  *   brainstormed your proposal idea and rallied fellow presenters for your session; and
  *   signed into the online portal to enter your proposal details.

>From this point forward, you should periodically log into your submission to make sure you and your presenters are tackling your respective tasks and assignments.

[March_18_31_Crop.png?r=1489753767544]<http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=J1fK0omYWfdy9G5qHlxBjqFc8M3BB6zq0SfDUEDo9nn0Qee8Rku_k91P03UhMn4WqMJSfNjzb-sIzztNJnymqw~~>

This Phase's Suggested Top 5:

  1.  When navigating the submission portal, use the "Notify Presenters" task to nudge presenters collectively or individually to complete outstanding tasks.
You nor AAA can complete tasks on your presenters' behalf, and presenters must use the link generated from the "Notify Presenters" task to access your submission to complete their portion. The email will come from support at ConferenceAbstracts.com. Be sure to check junk/spam folders!
  2.  Registering for the Annual Meeting is done through your AnthroGateway account, not the online submission portal.
In order to submit your proposal, you (and all presenters) must register before April 14. >><http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=8LGn_pgHK-NCGp8fRfbomXYCcCbAuwquKX64TnMmF9PmGYsdY0F7O1HEZYGGAAMn4K8Jr7JYkYkewWuzoPru6w~~>
  3.  Membership Exemptions are available, but must be requested directly by the individual in need. To complete the request, the individual must also have an AnthroGateway account. AAA requires at least two (2) business days to process requests, so please submit requests by April 7 to meet the April 14 submission deadline.
What is a Membership Exemption? Learn more. >><http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=r5eg1DVBEWhcaVNqcGOizl4DmU-6GWR2SFJP04l6Gek6RWX0A7_27RBVgn2BJRyMotZZJ5qsRXK6Hxl3UoWcvg~~>
  4.  If interested, Registration Chair Waiver Applications are due on Friday, March 31.
Learn more and apply today. >><http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=nqBiRrPNcvLDLIcyVthhuvAZqfamHKRznwlPTyIqQjuxpEEzbqVaPG5flqiF9yaWZgHiOVsQF8ob1XlcpHntOw~~>
  5.  Do you or your fellow presenters need an AAA Visa Letter of Invitation?
Complete our request form. >><http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=F6mtSoFLR-zoWEtUlcPQDGO-CTg-huqAFyU8SdfxpKCzeMonGNo8IVjQr4QsGMHXvFy26jBnrK1Isv2Jmk4IKw~~>

View our suggested timeline in its entirety. >> <http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=ImYvObZMfQ1Y-NplduNLoh-oEoqSdshQTwuG8Oehxl6nI1Au1sK2Q_tnYpb6GXAh-e2cwAbF9IGIJSKm6QD_Dg~~>

The American Anthropological Association looks forward to receiving your submission(s).
Please direct questions to the AAA Meetings Department at AAAmeetings at americananthro.org<mailto:aaameetings at americananthro.org?subject=CFP%202017%20Assistance%20Requested>.

________________________________

The AAA Annual Meeting Call for Papers submission portal is open for the general call for papers.

Be sure to act before the portal closes on  Friday, April 14 at 5 pm EDT.

Submit Today >><http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=TEiuxYTVGEFnO5tl1TjnqPvpiNPvUfQ4Iq3hFJeP91xKmz3jrEKKl3PXCoM9aUeIPId-rvsWAo3DSnr02kfiaQ~~>

________________________________

Helpful Call for Papers Resources

  *   Looking for fellow presenters?
Search our AAA member directory.<http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=K9GUx1L1S2ssl7m4gwySKr6NxNs8In_CMxezJGy19yRe17r8o1pxSIisPkyilisE_tCuJ3XwXMUhRYPEw9fVng~~>
  *   AAA Annual Meeting Participation Rules and Policies<http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=-90ObmqZiti3wh0qD4WE41H_kcTKrjW_4TQXTiiHzGps5nvoQu9YI7Xi_IQS70Ik5crbYjPjC5m_notA9O2vDw~~>
  *   Session Roles and Limits<http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=rIWH39pawW4Tjix06rE9SGMVikqctWZyylsov5cgdT-gM3PLughF8kJ-n21EPj3-eu5Vy_xDpnbW2ZgCYdlLjg~~>

Annual Meeting Details and Logistics

116th AAA Annual Meeting
November 29 - December 3
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
Washington, DC

  *   Meeting Registration and Rates<http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=2GwjZkNcf3_JoEIE5_JiELlVjZ7X4Q78plP6R0WKJ4-krtgZ63s0XJA8_KicnRy1eIr2Eba2roeDtF1MvIKO2A~~>
  *   Annual Meeting Website<http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=pKhozfJ7QXYcBBiFjhbM91OvwcXWsAOMMocMEKG5zeeOdN32lYTJyL7tiqgQBsKtW6i5fEYRI6IW4ZmUnGSsag~~>
  *   Annual Meeting FAQs<http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=Ws_p50IEXXpuh8wTlWphF8DWKa_D6YaNLwNVIi-akP-Ci2hnmIHgKnFMc6tVwfiVagzZiSO2cHS4zruQBhguqg~~>

Follow Us:

        [Follow us on Facebook] <http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=Y-q2QHv5aArXcqfuRWI7KtpSqVktpFpX_8gi-e_67USBo2_oyikp1u-rWoJ6MFQpApGCksnzdDloztlForNK2g~~>        [Follow us on Twitter] <http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=H34BYK7JfXlcCGgs1IZLko1xXBOqIvzoYpjn_rW0R1SiAm2xrPULuF8pS9TUWVHYkuRJSPvYmW5eaPheB3cq_g~~>         [Linked In] <http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=h-BBA0c9wsfev0jskK5M238osg8y13Cd_DMV1DWk4AoIXGBWXO_kxsIOuCH1Ben0ovA6xHhjrhC20nkr0K1p2g~~>    [IG_logo(1).jpg] <http://send.americananthro.org/link.cfm?r=G_smHjXZqKA7gauy5NZEPg~~&pe=CnGCHOu9Jq9J-VG0DvPzOe-9D57GXZ_HR90AvRZt1T6dTIMJGO0gkOMeN2ENxYGNJuSeCGMl8Vj1-RliCtLvIQ~~>

Mailed from the American Anthropological Association
2300 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 1301 · Arlington, VA 22201-3386
tel: 703.528.1902 · fax: 703.228.3546

[http://send.americananthro.org/spacer.cfm?tracking_id=34438807828&jid=36790285]