[Linganth] blog post(s) of interest

Campbell, Rebecca rebecca.campbell at uconn.edu
Fri May 5 21:02:55 UTC 2017

Thank you for these, they are definitely of interest.
Regarding the link below the post, I also explored Mock Spanish in Skippyjon Jones books. In fact, during the school ethnography I conducted in Central Florida during the 2014-2015 school year for my dissertation, a (white) teacher read one aloud to her  (mostly Latinx) class and performed the words stylistically. I have this data audio-recorded. I'm in the process of disseminating findings of the larger study to journals.
Visit the link below for more information for those interested. The bottom of p263-264 contains the Skippyjon Jones book specifically although Mock Spanish is fleshed out elsewhere as well.
http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/etd/6474/

Rebecca A. Campbell, Ph.D.
Research Assistant II
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
Neag School of Education
University of Connecticut
249 Glenbrook Road
Storrs, CT 06269-3004