[Linganth] Mike Agar self obituary

Hornberger, Nancy H. nancyh at upenn.edu
Wed May 24 15:26:36 UTC 2017

Thanks so much for sending this.  I join others who have admired Mike Agar and will miss his simultaneously grounded and freewheeling approach to life and work, beautifully captured here again in his self obituary.  His work was both inspiring and useful — his ethnographic ‘rich points’ inspired my ‘methodological rich points,’  for example.  The Professional Stranger, as he mentions, has been a resource for many students, mine among them, and we were delighted to meet and hear him in person when we invited him to speak at the Ethnography Forum here at Penn some years ago.  Good memories of a generous spirit and a life well lived.
Nancy