[Linganth] Request for readings: American citizenship test

Wasson, Christina Christina.Wasson at unt.edu
Wed Oct 11 17:02:04 UTC 2017

I am looking for advice on relevant readings.  I have a master’s student who is conducting research on the experiences of immigrants to the US who are eligible for citizenship.  She is examining why some apply for citizenship and some do not.  One potential deterrent is the need to pass the US Citizenship Test, which is in English.

What background literature my student should read in linguistic anthropology, regarding issues of citizenship, language learning, language policy, and any other relevant topics?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Peace,
Christina

Christina Wasson
Professor of Anthropology, University of North Texas
https://www.christinawasson.com<https://www.christinawasson.com/>