[Linganth] CALA Asia Dates?

Kerim Friedman oxusnet at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 14:36:02 UTC 2017

Dear List Members,

I wanted to update this thread with the latest information from the CALA
organizers.

Cheers,

Kerim

---------------

Dear Professor Friedman

The Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia (PUC) has now accepted the role as
the Director of the CALA. This has come as the University of Social
Sciences and Humanities (USSH), in Vietnam, ultimately decided that the
conference was beyond its means, and more so, as the conference potential
has grown to the size and potential that it has. USSH has thus offered to
take a backseat, supporting role, and hence has passed it on to PUC. PUC
will now network with a range of universities to create a network of
Universities and their Departments of Linguistic Anthropology.

As such, and after much work and problem solving, the conference
preparations have been competed, and the conference will now go ahead in
January 2019, and annually after that.

The CALA 1 (2019) CFP has just been released (today), with the Call opening
this morning. The Link for the CFP is http://cala2019.puc.edu.kh/cfp/, or
the general website, http://www.cala.asia. With any questions, please
contact:

Professor Susan Hagadorn, at The Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia, at
susanhpuc at yahoo.com, susanh at puc.edu.kh

Or myself, assistant to the CALA committee.

PUC will now be contacting all relevant sub committees, and will also
immediately issue all notices updating people about progress. PUC also
thanks the AAA, the American Anthropological Association for its tremendous
support with the CALA.

PUC thanks you for all your support throughout the development of the CALA,
and more so, to all who have supported the CALA throughout all impediments.
Thanking you

Ms. Nhan Huynh, for

Professor Susan Hagadorn

(Dean, Faculty of Humanities, Languages and Arts, PUC)

Vice Chair of the committee
Conference on Asian Linguistic Anthropology, CALA, www.cala.asia
The CALA 2019, hosted by The Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia,
cala2019.puc.edu.kh