[Linganth] 1st Annual Language Policy Forum, Sheffield Hallam University, 31 May - 1 June 2018

e.barakos at aston.ac.uk e.barakos at aston.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 12:40:42 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to invite you to the Language Policy Forum 2018, taking place on Thursday 31 May and Friday 1 June 2018, at Sheffield Hallam University, UK.

The two-day conference forms part of our recently launched BAAL (British Association for Applied Linguistics) Language Policy special interest group (http://www.langpol.ac.uk), and our theme will be 'Language policy in the age of diversity: Dilemmas and hopes'. Our plenary speakers will be Prof. Marilyn Martin-Jones (University of Birmingham) and Prof. Tony Liddicoat (University of Warwick).

This is a low-fee conference (no fee at all for a range of people with limited means), aiming for maximum inclusivity. For more information on the conference, including venue, registration, and fees, please visit http://www.langpol.ac.uk/view/langpol/events/2018-lpforum

We look forward to discussing language policy with you in Sheffield. And please pass this on widely in your own networks and to anyone you think may be interested!

All the best,

Elisabeth Barakos and Florence Bonacina-Pugh (on behalf of the committee)

Dr Elisabeth Barakos

Lecturer in Applied Linguistics

Co-Convenor of the BAAL SIG Language Policy

Aston University

Birmingham, B4 7ET

United Kingdom

Email:  <mailto:e.barakos at aston.ac.uk> e.barakos at aston.ac.uk

Room MB 732b

Phone 0121 204 323

 <http://www.aston.ac.uk/lss/staff-directory/dr-elisabeth-barakos/> http://www.aston.ac.uk/lss/staff-directory/dr-elisabeth-barakos/

 <https://aston.academia.edu/ElisabethBarakos> https://aston.academia.edu/ElisabethBarakos

@Barakos_E

Recent book: Discursive Approaches to Language Policy   <http://www.palgrave.com/de/book/9781137531339> http://www.palgrave.com/de/book/9781137531339

Forthcoming: ‘The nexus of language policy, ideology and practice in businesses in Wales’. In Nekvapil, J. & Sherman, T. (eds.). English in Business and Commerce: Interactions and Policies. Berlin/New York: Mouton de Gruyter.