[Linganth] Fulbright scholar visit

Alena Rudenka alena at rudenka.com
Mon Oct 30 16:55:39 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

my name is Alena Rudenka, I am a professor at the Department of Theoretical
and Slavic Linguistics of the Belarusian State University.According to
Fulbright
Visiting Scholar program 2018/2019 I apply for the research visit and look
for host professor and host university.

My current project is dedicated to the study of "democracy" concept in the
mentality of American English speakers. It is continuation of the previous
work and is connected with European project EUROJOS "Values in the cultural
and linguistic worldview of the Slavs and their neighbors" (2009-2020), of
which I am a member.

In 2013, I was Fulbright visiting scholarat the Eastern Washington
University with the project “Freedom” Concept in the Mentality of American
English Speakers”. Owing to colleagues from EWU it was very successful, I
wrote a book and several articles.

I have been working for a long time in ethnolinguistics. It is important for
me to find common points between American linguistic anthropology and
Slavic ethnolinguistics. I lecture on ethnolinguistics and social
linguistics, and have a lot of publications on this topic. You can get more
information from my site https://sites.google.com/a/rudenka.com/ar/.

I am ready to send you my Fulbright project and  letters of recommendation. You
can contact me through my e-mail address I have given above.

Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Hab. Alena Rudenka

Minsk, Belarus

E-mail:*alena at rudenka.com <alena at rudenka.com>*