[Linganth] Preliminary info for AAA 2018; call for Executive Sessions

Roth Gordon, Jennifer F - (jenrothg) jenrothg at email.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 5 20:01:19 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I will have more specific information out to you soon, but for now, I wanted to alert you to the fact that there is more information available online for AAA 2018 in San Jose, CA. Also, the call for Executive Sessions is open, and the deadline is February 15th (a week from Thursday).

The call for Executive Sessions:

[http://s3.amazonaws.com/rdcms-aaa/files/production/public/images/2018_meeting_250.png]Answer the call to make our collective disciplinary voice heard in San Jose by submitting a proposal for an Executive Session. These submissions should speak directly to 2018's Annual Meeting theme. Selection and participation in AAA Executive Sessions is highly competitive.

The AAA Annual Meeting Call for Papers submission portal is open for Executive Session submissions. The portal will close at 3 pm Eastern on February 15.

Additional information on this year's theme:

http://www.americananthro.org/AttendEvents/Content.aspx?ItemNumber=22345&navItemNumber=566

General meeting information:

http://www.americananthro.org/AttendEvents/landing.aspx?ItemNumber=14722&navItemNumber=566

jen

Jennifer Roth-Gordon
Associate Professor
School of Anthropology
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0030

Race and the Brazilian Body: Blackness, Whiteness, and Everyday Language in Rio de Janeiro
http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520293809
https://www.amazon.com/Race-Brazilian-Body-Blackness-Whiteness/dp/0520293800/