[Linganth] Job ad: Full-time Lecturer in linguistic anthropology, Brandeis University

Janet McIntosh janetmc at brandeis.edu
Fri Feb 16 19:15:49 UTC 2018

*Brandeis University Position Announcement:*

*Full-Time Lecturer in Anthropology, 2018-2019*

The Department of Anthropology at Brandeis University seeks to hire a
full-time Lecturer in Linguistic Anthropology to teach five courses spread
over the fall 2018 and spring 2019 semesters. Candidates with expertise in
digital cultures will be given particularly strong consideration. The
position may also include some advising of MA students on their masters’
papers. The position carries a salary of $54,621 plus benefits.

Three of the courses the candidate teaches should be in linguistic
anthropology (possible courses include “Language, Ethnicity, and
Nationalism,” “Communication and Media,” “Linguistic Anthropology,” and
“Language in American Life”). The other two courses will depend on the
candidate’s area of ethnographic expertise, but could include “New Media,
the Internet, and Society,” “Crossing Cultural Boundaries,” “Global,
Transnational and Diasporic Communities,” “Feast and Famine: Food and
Social Relations,” “Colonialism and Post-Coloniality in sub-Saharan
Africa,” “Psychological Anthropology,” a course in economic anthropology,
or a graduate seminar. Applicants are also welcome to propose their own
courses.

Candidates must have strong training in linguistic anthropology, previous
teaching experience and strong teaching evaluations, and PhD status at the
time of employment.

How to Apply:

Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae,
teaching evaluations and the names of two references in single document
through our applicant portal at
http://www.brandeis.edu/humanresources/jobs/external.html. Elect option for
"New Applicant". Sort the job listing by clicking the Job ID column
heading. Locate the desired job listing. Click the job title and then Apply
Now.

Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, with consideration beginning
on March 5. In late March, Brandeis has an early enrollment period for fall
courses. It is our preference to confirm our Fall 2018 courses prior to
March 16, but we will consider applications until the position is filled.

For questions, contact Laurel Carpenter, Senior Academic Administrator,
Department of Anthropology, at lcarpent at brandeis.edu

Brandeis University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building
a culturally diverse intellectual community. We strongly encourage
applications from women and minority candidates.

--
Janet McIntosh
Professor and Chair, Dept. of Anthropology