[Linganth] Anthropology News -- Call for Proposals: #MeToo

Ilana Gershon imgershon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 15:33:39 UTC 2018

As stories of sexual assault and misconduct continue to make news
headlines,/Anthropology News/invites anthropologists to reflect on the
#MeToo movement and this particular moment in sexual politics. We would
like your reflections on and responses to sexual harassment/violence and
aspects of the #MeToo campaign in the context of the kinds of work in
power, gender, and history that anthropologists are so deeply enmeshed
in. From linguistic analyses of the #MeToo campaign to the ways sexual
harassment/violence plays out within the field of anthropology and the
wider world, we invite detailed, critical, considered contributions.
Pieces will publish in the May/June print magazine and on the/AN/website.

Send *an at americananthro.org* <mailto:an at americananthro.org> a proposal
that includes:

 1. A 250-word pitch. Can you tell us the main point of your story or
    article in a few sentences?
 2. A 50-word author bio.

We welcome proposals for graphic contributions. Please send an example
of your graphic work with your proposal.

*Deadline: February 2*