[Linganth] Conference will open tomorrow as scheduled

SLA Online soclinganth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 22:46:19 UTC 2018

Dear SLA membership,

As many of you well know, snowstorm Quinn hit Philadelphia today, and this
undoubtedly has impacted many of your travel plans to attend the inaugural
conference of SLA.  Luckily the weather for the next three days calls for
sunny skies and calmer weather.  So the conference can move forward as
planned.

For those who are scheduled to present on Thursday, but may miss their
panel due to flight cancellations and rescheduling, it is feasible to
reschedule for presentations Sunday morning, provided that enough people
can stay and attend.  So we are looking into that possibility.  For this
reason we ask that you indicate on the goggle doc link below *1) if your
plans have been disrupted and will not attend.* * And 2) also indicate if
your plans have been interrupted and still intend to attend and would like
to stay through Sunday. *Alternatively you can simply indicate this at
on-site registration desk.  This will help us asses how many people can
stay on for panels on Sunday.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RS3dgk2KKUr7DRPisHQqAnXVZ5YBm
pk-WtjQqyWoP6U/edit?usp=sharing

So the show will go on and we hope you can make it.

Jennifer Reynolds and Judy Pine

--
*Society for Linguistic Anthropology Online*
Digital Media Director: Mariam Durrani (Hamilton College)