[Linganth] Urdu language knowledge

Reynolds,Rachel rrr28 at drexel.edu
Tue May 8 13:49:56 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues:
Please forgive me using this list for non-academic request, but it’s sufficiently education and language oriented and might help out a grad student or recent grad, so I’m sharing it here.
A friend at McGraw-Hill is working on a new elementary reading program that has lots of support for English language learners.  Their goal is to develop some materials to help classroom teachers understand which language features transfer between Urdu and English and which may require special attention.
If you know of anyone trained in linguistics and fluent in Urdu who would help out (there is some pay involved), please have them contact julie.gurdin at mheducation.com<mailto:Julie.gurdinZ at mheducation.com>.  Please feel free to share this with linguistics programs at your university.
Thanks!
Rachel Reynolds, Drexel University