[Linganth] very sad news

Roth Gordon, Jennifer F - (jenrothg) jenrothg at email.arizona.edu
Sat Nov 3 17:14:07 UTC 2018

Dear fellow linguistic anthropologists,

It is with great sadness that I share the news that our beloved colleague, mentor, teacher, and friend, Jane H. Hill, Regents' Professor Emerita of Anthropology and past President of the American Anthropological Association, passed away yesterday.

We are working to see what can be pulled together for the AAA, and we will share information on Ken's wishes and thoughts about donations. For now, I am attempting to collect tributes (signatures, comments you would like to share with the family, Facebook posts, etc.) on this petition site.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tribute-to-jane-h-hill

[https://cdn.ipetitions.com/user-images/petitions/tribute-to-jane-h-hill/4a339c535d91a09bf66e4d16be5f62d0.jpg]<https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tribute-to-jane-h-hill>

Petition Tribute to Jane H. Hill<https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tribute-to-jane-h-hill>
www.ipetitions.com
This is a tribute site for Jane H. Hill. Foundational figure in linguistic anthropology, preeminent scholar, and beloved colleague, teacher, and mentor, Jane’s 50 year career included contributions to the fields of Uto-Aztecan, Native North American languages, language endangerment and revitalization, white racist language, and language and political economy.

There was simply no one quite like her, and the world needed her longer.

in sadness,

jen

Jennifer Roth-Gordon
Associate Professor
School of Anthropology
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0030

Race and the Brazilian Body: Blackness, Whiteness, and Everyday Language in Rio de Janeiro
http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520293809
https://www.amazon.com/Race-Brazilian-Body-Blackness-Whiteness/dp/0520293800/