[Linganth] Memorial Reception for Jane Hill Thursday 7-8 in San Jose

Roth Gordon, Jennifer F - (jenrothg) jenrothg at email.arizona.edu
Fri Nov 9 21:17:47 UTC 2018

Hi all,

The memorial reception is next week. For those who are attending the AAA meetings, please join us if you can.

For those who would like to post tributes online, here is the site again. Thanks to those who have posted already. (Please email me if you have any trouble posting. It's unclear whether the site is censoring posts that use reported speech to fondly remember Jane's, um, colorful vocabulary.)

As a reminder, we are collecting photos. Please send to Dana Osborne: dmosborne at gmail.com

Thank you all for the outpouring of support. There will be future opportunities to contribute to some sort of fund in her name.

jen

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tribute-to-jane-h-hill

[https://cdn.ipetitions.com/user-images/petitions/tribute-to-jane-h-hill/4a339c535d91a09bf66e4d16be5f62d0.jpg]<https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tribute-to-jane-h-hill>

Petition Tribute to Jane H. Hill<https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tribute-to-jane-h-hill>
www.ipetitions.com
This is a tribute site for Jane H. Hill. Foundational figure in linguistic anthropology, preeminent scholar, and beloved colleague, teacher, and mentor, Jane’s 50 year career included contributions to the fields of Uto-Aztecan, Native North American languages, language endangerment and revitalization, white racist language, and language and political economy.

Jennifer Roth-Gordon
Associate Professor
School of Anthropology
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0030

Race and the Brazilian Body: Blackness, Whiteness, and Everyday Language in Rio de Janeiro
http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520293809
https://www.amazon.com/Race-Brazilian-Body-Blackness-Whiteness/dp/0520293800/