[Linganth] African American "neighborhood oaths"

Steven Black stevepblack at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 15:45:53 UTC 2019

Hi Barbara,

The only work I’m familiar with that might be relevant is by Betsy Rymes, from her book “Conversational Borderlands: Language and Identity in an Alternative Urban High School.” Some of the framing of how neighborhood names are utilized could be useful.

Take care,

Steve

Steven P. Black

Acting Director of Graduate Studies / Associate Professor / Department of Anthropology / Georgia State University

The Global Health Discourses Project / GSU Anthropology / Book: Speech and Song At the Margins of Global Health

P.O. Box 3998

Atlanta, GA 30302-3998

(404) 413-5168