[Linganth] Call for articles: SLA Section News in AN

Catherine Rebecca Rhodes rhodesc at unm.edu
Mon Dec 2 18:59:18 UTC 2019

We are seeking articles for the 2020 Society for Linguistic Anthropology (SLA) section news column of Anthropology News (AN).

AN section news columns consist of two types of articles: a magazine-style feature (1,400 words) and news about goings-on in a section (1,000 words). We are particularly interested in articles that focus on current world events or current topics in linguistic anthropology. The articles do not use a typical author-date citation format; instead, we provide links to online content (e.g., popular media articles, videos, publishers' websites).

See the most recent article here:
https://www.anthropology-news.org/index.php/2019/11/12/being-an-ethnographer-about-the-tenure-process/

And past articles here:
http://linguisticanthropology.org/features/

If you think you have an idea for an article, we encourage you to reach out to one of the co-editors as soon as possible to see if the article might be a good fit for the SLA section news. We provide strong editorial support to authors and turn-around from submission to publication is quick. Submissions from graduate students and undergraduate students co-authored with faculty are encouraged. AN section news columns are a great place to publish shorter articles and articles on a range of topics in addition to research (e.g., teaching, mentoring, professional development, reflections on the state of the (sub-)discipline, etc.).

If you are interested in submitting an article to the SLA section news column of AN, please reach out to one of the co-editors:
Catherine Rhodes (rhodesc at unm.edu), Thea Strand (tstrand at luc.edu), Steven Black (sblack at gsu.edu).

Thanks for your consideration!