[Linganth] Public Anthropologies Streaming Film Event Tomorrow!

SLA Online soclinganth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 19:08:31 UTC 2019

Dear All,

The Public Anthropologies section of American Anthropologist would like to
invite you to participate in a collective viewing/live-tweet session of the
film Sorry to Bother You
<https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/aug/19/sorry-to-bother-you-is-this-the-most-anti-capitalist-film-ever>
.

The goal is to generate a broad conversation about race, capitalism,
language, and power in (and beyond) the film, to get more anthropologists
involved in twitter conversations, and to experiment with bringing
anthropological conversations into the (online) public sphere.

The event will take place on Tuesday, February 5 at 9pm EST, and we are
inviting you to tune in to the film at that time to tweet along (we will be
using the hashtags #AnthroFlix and #STBY).

The film is available for streaming here:
https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/sorry-to-bother-you (there's a free
trial of Hulu if people don't have access). The idea is for everyone to
start the movie at 9pm EST, so we can all have a conversation together on
twitter.

Please see attached poster.

--
*Society for Linguistic Anthropology Online*
Digital Media Director: Elizabeth Falconi  (University of West Georgia)