[Linganth] New book: Talking Like Children

Elise Berman eberman at uncc.edu
Tue Feb 26 15:23:31 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

Below is a promo code for my new book now available from Oxford University
Press: *Talking Like Children: Language and the Production of Age in the
Marshall Islands
<https://global.oup.com/academic/product/talking-like-children-9780190876982>. *

*Talking Like Children *is a series of captivating stories that show how
age comes to be. Elise Berman analyzes adoption negotiations, efforts to
keep food, and debates about supposed child abuse. In these situations, age
differences emerge through the decisions people make, the emotions they
feel, and the power they gain.

Use promo code *AAFLYG6 *at checkout for 30% off:
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/talking-like-children-9780190876982
.

I wrote it specifically to be accessible to undergraduates, if you are
thinking about books for next semester!

Sincerely,

Elise

--
Elise Berman

*Talking Like Children: Language and the Production of Age in the Marshall
Islands. *Forthcoming out of Oxford University Press
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/talking-like-children-9780190876982?cc=us&lang=en&

Recent article Force Signs: Ideologies of Corporal Discipline in Academia
and the Marshall Islands
https://anthrosource.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jola.12175

Assistant Professor
Department of Anthropology