[Linganth] New Publication: Latinos in Israel: Language and Unexpected Citizenship

Alejandro Paz alejandro.paz at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 7 16:47:35 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know about the publication of my book, _Latinos in Israel: Language and Unexpected Citizenship_, just out from IUP. Besides all the things the blurb on the back says, I think it is interesting as a look at language and citizenship deeply informed by debates in Anthropology about the relation of state and civil society, and, using ethnography, it covers topics like bilingual domestic interactions, youth public performance, mediatization, gossip publicity, police informers, the voice of the state, and a campaign for citizenship (comparable to the DREAMers in the US). Attached is more information, including a discount code for 30% off (FMG3XX).

Wishing you all a wonderful 2019!

Alejandro

Alejandro I. Paz
Associate Professor of Anthropology
University of Toronto Scarborough (Undergraduate)
University of Toronto (Graduate)
Personal Webpage<https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/people/aipaz/>
2018 Monograph: Latinos in Israel: Language and Unexpected Citizenship<http://www.iupress.indiana.edu/product_info.php?products_id=809363>
Open Source MediaCAT Digital Journalism Project<http://mediacat.utsc.utoronto.ca>