[Linganth] SLA Blog Invites New Submissions, Year of Indigenous Languages

SLA Online soclinganth at gmail.com
Mon May 6 17:25:28 UTC 2019

Dear All,

As you may know, we have recently launched the new SLA Blog. Our first
piece was published on the SLA website in April, and the next piece will be
published this week. We have some more submissions in the pipeline but we
need more to keep this exciting new forum going strong. Please consider
submitting a piece in the coming weeks and months.

Given that this is the International Year of Indigenous Languages, we would
be particularly welcome at this time. See the description of this
initiative in the link here:
https://en.iyil2019.org

Blog posts shall be relatively brief—somewhere around 4-7 paragraphs.
Generally categories that posts might fall into are listed below, but this
is by no means an exhaustive list.

1. Methods and research (relationships with interlocutors, organization
techniques and strategies, ethnographic methods, use of software for
transcription/organization)

2. Academic life (issues in teaching, challenges for writing, labor in
tenure-track, adjunct, or grad student positions)

3. Topics in the discipline (language ideologies, language revitalization,
sign-interpretantrelationships, sociophonetics, etc.)*

4. Linguistic anthropology in practice (on work in the discipline that
happens outside of academic institutions, beyond the classroom)

Any SLA members interested in having a piece featured on the SLA blog in
the future should contact Elizabeth Falconi, Digital Media Director and
Diego Arispe-Bazán, Social Media Manager, via soclinganth at gmail.com, with a
topic proposal, 3-4 sentences long.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Lizzy and Diego

--
*Society for Linguistic Anthropology Online*
Digital Media Director: Elizabeth Falconi  (University of West Georgia)